Solid Waste Management
The Trimble County Solid Waste Management Department's primary function is to promote the cleanliness of our county. The SWM department has two employees, Matt Gossom, Solid Waste Coordinator and Enforcement Officer. Bruce Pyles, Solid Waste Officer.
The Solid Waste Coordinator Matt Gossom takes care of enforcing the nuisance ordinance, litter abatement grant management, administering the free dumpster program, and cleaning up illegal dumpsites.
The Solid Waste Officer Bruce Pyles monitors the activities at Valley View Landfill and management of our Recycling Program.
For Residents moving into the County we have several independent companies to provide you with curbside disposal Here are a list of Companies to contact:
Rumpkee of Kentucky
Special Disposal Item
- Valley View Landfill accepts tires, there is a fee for disposal. See the Valley View Landfill Page for more details.
- Madison Recycling will take Batteries.
- The landfill will accept paint if it is dry. If you have wet paint mix in Kitty Litter until the paint is dry. Once no liquid is present you can set the can in the garbage for your hauler to pick up.
- Farm Chemicals
- lease Call 1-800-205-6543. This is a free service of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
- Used Oil
- The County Barn accepts used oil. There must not be any water or other liquids mixed in the container.
If you have something you need disposed of not on this list please call Matt Gossom @ 502-255-4280 or email email@example.com.